Tuesday, April 21, 2009

one day at a time

Well, finally I'm blogging. I didn't think I would blog, especially now that I am so incredibly busy. I have felt the need to write, but my journal is no where near, so here it goes. I suppose my heart and brain have been working overtime the past few weeks. There's the issue of my mom's declining health, sister's competency, graduate school project, the 8th grade musical, the marathon, and my continued existence as a single woman in her late 20's. Dare I tackle any of those, especially the last one, with any amount of sanity. "One day at a time" is what I tell myself. Although I have thought of all of them collectively, I suppose I have never written them out. There they are, the issues, the issues of my present existence.

Is it sad that the last 'issue', you know my significant other status, if remedied, would somehow make the others more bearable? I have often wished that I had someone, you know the special someone, to help bear the load. I realize that I am potentially painting a desperate picture of myself. I also know that I am not completely ridiculous in longing for a love I can call my own.

My greatest fear is being alone and sadly I am witnessing my own mother in very lonely place. Once a mother of two children and homemaker, now widowed, sick and alone. It has not always been easy to love my mom, but I have more compassion for her now then I think I ever have.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, the first time I looked at this it wouldn't let me comment! Now it is...great blog. Keep it up. And someday soon come over here with your laptop and let's figure out how to make really cute backgrounds...I have no clue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumps, I'm so glad you're blogging-I'm glad we can keep up this way.

    ReplyDelete